Adult Basic Education
Focuses on the literacy needs of the 2,000,000 functionally-illiterate adults the ABE centers serve. It is an online distance learning solution, which many ABE centers can use for distance learning reimbursement. Because family plans never expire, students and their families can continue to use them and ABE centers can continue to receive reimbursement.
- Puts students in charge of their own learning, motivating them, helping them learn to make decisions and building independence.
- Provides an opportunity to work in teams which accelerates learning, builds team problem solving skills, builds communications skills and makes learning more fun!
- Covers every reading skill necessary for proficiency, ensuring that adults fill in their skill gaps and achieve the highest literacy level possible.
Family Literacy and ABE Programs
ABE programs are for adults; it’s in the name. But, adults don’t do things just to help themselves. They do the most difficult things for their children. They work, save, immigrate and learn to help their children. That’s why family literacy works.
How can ABE programs create family literacy?
(1) Invite adult learners who have children to include them as they learn. Work on software activities at home with their children. Practice their English pronunciation with their children. Give their writing to their children for feedback.
(2) Encourage parents to actively participate their children’s education. Show up at parents nights, meet with teachers, ask questions. This support will help their children, and also help engage parents in their own learning.
(3) Ask learners to involve other adult family members. Bring an older relative to class. Ask an aunt who has lived in the country longer to work with their nieces and nephews. Have adults in the same family form a team to use literacy software together.
REQUEST A CONVERSATION OR WEB DEMO
Request a Conversation or Web Demo today to see how The Family Learning Company’s products can help your students.